Trusts and Foundations Intern
Italian speaking Trusts and Foundations Internship
Street Child believes that every child has a right to education. Working where others don’t, in some of the poorest and most remote parts of West Africa, we strive to ensure that every child has access to this most basic and foundational of human rights. All of Street Child’s work is delivered through national implementing partners and in partnership with local communities. Together we have supported over 20,000 children to access education over the past five years.
Since June 2014, Street Child has expanded its work in Europe, opening the first Street Child’s office in Italy; followed by Spain and Germany.
At Street Child, we are very proud of our volunteer-based approach, keeping overheads low so that as much funding as possible can go to our projects in West Africa. We are very lucky to have fantastic volunteers committed to our cause and are now looking for an innovative individual to support Trusts and Foundations fundraising in Italy. We are looking for someone to commit to a 5-6 month internship based in Barcelona. The internship is unpaid, but some travel expenses will be reimbursed.
You will be part of a small team led by the EU Development and Marketing Manager and Programme Funding Officer. Key tasks:
• Researching and updating a database of funding prospects (trusts, foundations, corporates, Major Donors) within the Italian market;
• Writing fundraising proposals with the support of the Programme Funding Officer;
• Supporting with institutional donor funding, from prospection to grant management;
• Support the research, launch and implementation of new fundraising and marketing channels and activities in our new European countries with a special focus on Italy.
What are the benefits of an internship at Street Child?
We cannot pay you for your internship but you will gain a lot of job experience, resume content and a chance to work in one of Barcelona’s most innovative co-working spaces (www.mob-barcelona.com).
- Key characteristics we are looking for: very independent working style, highly motivated and driven, innovative thinking, identify yourself with the mission of Street Child.
- Excellent communication skills and knowledge of web, social media, Google docs, Microsoft Office, etc. will be needed.
- Language skills: English and Italian are required, Spanish is a plus.
- Experience of researching and/or writing grant applications is an advantage.
- The office set-up we use requires you to bring your own notebook to work from.
How to Apply
We are looking for candidates who can start ASAP. Please send a CV and cover letter, together with your date of availability for the attention of Florian Weimert (email@example.com), with the job title in the subject box.
Aquí es donde trabajamos / This is where we work
Co-working Makers of Barcelona, C/ Bailen 11 bajos