Internship T&F NL
(Dutch speaking) Trusts and Foundations Internship
Street Child is a major child-focused charity, specialising in Sierra Leone and Liberia and has established itself as a leading organization providing quality and sustainable education to thousands of children. Managed out of our London headquarters, we have supported over 20,000 children to access education in the last five years. We have recently launched a very exiting new phase in Street Child’s development, the expansion into the Netherlands, Germany, Spain, Switzerland and Italy.
At Street Child, we are very proud of our volunteer-based approach, keeping overheads low so that as much funding as possible can go to our projects in West Africa. We are very lucky to have fantastic volunteers committed to our cause and are now looking for an innovative individual to support Trusts and Foundations fundraising in the Netherlands. We are looking for someone to commit to a 5 – 6 month internship based in Barcelona. The internship is unpaid, but some travel expenses will be reimbursed.
You will be part of a small team led by the EU Development and Marketing Manager and Programme Funding Officer. Below are some examples of responsibilities:
• Researching new funding prospects, including trusts, foundations and major donors in the Netherlands;
• Writing fundraising proposals with the support of the Programme Funding Officer;
• Supporting with institutional donor funding, from prospection to grant management
• Support the research, launch and implementation of new fundraising and marketing channels and activities in our new European countries with a special focus on the Netherlands.
What are the benefits of an internship at Street Child?
We cannot pay you for your internship but you will gain a lot of job experience, resume content and a chance to work in one of Barcelona’s most innovative co-working spaces (www.mob-barcelona.com).
Key characteristics we are looking for: very independent working style, highly motivated and driven, innovative thinking, identify yourself with the mission of Street Child.
- Excellent communication skills and knowledge of web, social media, Google docs, Microsoft Office, etc. will be needed.
- Language skills: English is required, Dutch and Spanish are a plus.
- Experience of researching and/or writing grant applications is an advantage
- The office set-up we use requires you to bring your own notebook to work from.
To apply for this role email email@example.com with a CV and a brief cover letter stating why you want to intern at Street Child. Similarly, if you have any questions, contact Florian Weimert at firstname.lastname@example.org
Aquí es donde trabajamos / This is where we work
Co-working Makers of Barcelona, C/ Bailen 11 bajos